With Valentines Day fast approaching I’ve scanned the country virtually to help bring you the best of what Ireland has to offer tailoring for various tastes and interests. Over €4 billion was spent by Irish consumers on International online stores last year, so it is more important now than ever before that we support local businesses. Here my favourite last minute Valentines gift ideas:
TEA FOR TWO?!
You can’t go to the mountain but the mountain can still come to you! Why not get out the fine china, order a stunning takeaway afternoon tea and enjoy the luxurious experience in the comfort of your own home? Here are just a selection of the top venues around Ireland that are currently offering afternoon tea at home:
- Cafe 1, Carlow – Visit Page
- The Montenotte Hotel, Cork – Visit Page
- Villa Rose Hotel & Spa, Donegal – Visit Page
- The Shelbourne, Dublin – Visit Page
- Glenroyal Hotel, Kildare – Visit Page
- Langton House Hotel, Kilkenny – Visit Page
- The Savoy Hotel, Limerick – Visit Page
- Dunboyne Castle Hotel, Meath – Visit Page
- Treats Coffee Shop, Tipperary – Visit Page
- Athlone Springs Hotel, Westmeath – Visit Page
Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend!
Ireland truly is world class when it comes to the design and production of stunning jewellery. Why not give the gift of a beautiful keepsake that they will have for years to come.
CLICK HERE for my top 10 Irish online jewellery stores.
The Personal Touch!
Time is ticking somewhat but you do still have a week until Valentines Day. So if you get your skates on there are many great Irish businesses that will still be able to get a personalised gift over to you in time. Here are just a handful of great personalised gift stores where you can purchase online right now. Be sure to check availability and delivery time so that you are not disappointed.
- Belles & Whistles – Visit Website
- Donnellan Crafts – Visit Website
- Name it Personalised Gifts – Visit Website
- Susans Gifts Ireland – Visit Website
- Wowwee – Visit Website
Roses are Red
Why not support your local florist this Valentines day with the traditional gift of a beautiful flower bouquet. So many florists around the country have been badly hit over the last 12 months so be sure to use this opportunity to support local if you can.
The Gift of TLC!
Why not treat your loved one by giving them a day of pampering with all of the trimmings to look forward to and give much needed support to an Irish business at the same time. CLICK HERE for my selection of the best Irish hotels that are currently offering gift vouchers for when restrictions life.
A Sharp Dressed Man!
Let’s be honest, men are very hard to buy for! As a married woman with three brothers I know exactly how hard it can be to give a great quality gift that you know they will use. Here are some of the best Irish menswear stores where you can buy a voucher or choose from their great online range:
- André Menswear – Visit Website
- Lally Menswear – Visit Website
- Louis Copeland & Sons – Visit Website
- Mr Mister Menswear – Visit Website
- Patrick Bourke Menswear – Visit Website
- Stylish Guy Menswear – Visit Website
Food for Thought
Ireland is a country renowned for our fabulous food and drink. Why not support a number of Irish businesses this Valentines Day by giving the gift of an Irish Food or Drink Hamper.
A New Chapter
With lockdown set to continue for the foreseeable future surely the gift of a book is the perfect Valentines Day choice. Why not ditch the international sites that appear at the top of your search menu and make it your business to support an Irish bookstore. Here are 5 great online Irish bookstores:
- Charlie Byrne’s Bookshop – Visit Website
- Dubray Books – Visit Website
- Eason — Visit Website
- Kennys Bookshop – Visit Website
- O’Mahonys – Visit Website
Scent of a Woman!
If you would like to give the traditional gift of a beautiful perfume or fragrance, why not support Irish along the way. Here are just a small handful of the great Irish stores offering a range of beautiful fragrances along with many other beauty products online.
- Cara Pharmacy – Visit Website
- McCabes Pharmacy – Visit Website
- Meaghers – Visit Website
- Perfumesonline.ie – Visit Website
- The Burren Perfumery – Visit Website
The Gift they really want!
For the sports enthusiast in your life why not give them exactly what they really want! Here are just a selection of some of the great Irish sports stores whatever their passion is:
- Cycling – Cycle Tribe – Visit Website
- GAA – O’Neills – Visit Website
- Golf – McGuirks Golf – Visit Website
- Hiking – Outdoor Adventure Store – Visit Website
- Running – The Run Hub – Visit Website
If you are interested in purchasing other fitness clothing check out Look Stylish & Support Irish – 10 Great Irish Fitness Brands
In researching this post I was inundated with items to recommed so it should be pretty effortless for us to support local this Valentines Day. This was just a taster. Are there other great Irish brands that I have left out or have you a great experience with one of these Irish brands that you can share? We are all in this together so I would love to hear from you so that we can all continue to support local together.
- All views are my own.
- At the date of writing I have no paid affiliation with any of the brands listed above.
- All information including pricing, availability etc is correct at the date of posting only.
- I make every effort to test any recommended products personally but this is not feasible in all instances so recommendations may be based on other customer reviews.
- All posts on this website and across our social media pages are written for the purposes of supporting Irish businesses so any comments on any of our pages that contradict that message will be removed and I make no apologies for doing so!