What better way is there to cheer yourself up than with a warm blueberry muffin. You might be surprised at just how easy blueberry muffins are to make, which makes this recipe the perfect labour of love for any novice baker. The baking process itself is one of the most therapeutic things you can do and the end result will leave you with a great sense of achievement. All of these ingredients can be found in any Irish supermarket but as always, feel free to message me if anything is unclear.
- Muffin Tin & Cases
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 250g/9oz Self Raising Flour
- 250g/9oz Blueberries
- 50g/1.75oz Unsalted Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 75g/2,5oz Caster Sugar
- 250g/9oz Plain/Natural Yogurt
- 2 Large Eggs (beaten)
- Pinch of salt
- Line muffin tin with 12 muffin cases
- Melt butter. Leave to cool.
- Sieve flour in a large bowl. Stir in baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Make a well in the centre of the ingredients.
- Combine butter, eggs and yogurt in a bowl/jug. Pour into the well in the dry ingredients. Stir lightly, adding in the blueberries until thick lumpy batter forms.
- Spoon evenly between 12 muffin cases.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200°C for 20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire tray.
Are you ready to try it out? I would love to see the fruits of your labour so please be sure to share and spread the love. Have you already mastered the art of blueberry muffins? Why not move on to perfecting my Nana’s beautiful brown bread recipe.
And most importantly…Enjoy!