Happy Easter! As if we had not already had enough chocolate, today I am showing you how to use an Easter Egg to make a fabulous Easter Cheesecake! All ingredients can be easily found in any supermarket and the cheesecake recipe is really simple to master, even for a novice chef. To watch a one minute step by step video guide check out my Tiktok or Instagram stories (@livewhatyoulove.ie)
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Springboard Tin
- 250g Digestive Biscuits
- 175g Butter
- 360g Cream Cheese
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons Gelatine
- 300ml Cream
- 2 Cap-fulls of Coole Swan
- 1 Easter Egg
- Mini eggs to decorate
- Crush biscuits in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter, add to the biscuits and stir in.
- Line the springboard tin with the biscuit mix, pressing the mixture down firmly with a spoon.
- In a clean bowl, add the Cream Cheese and Caster Sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Add the Cream and the Coole Swan and mix until smooth.
- Prepare the gelatine per packet guidelines and add 2-3 teaspoons to the bowl. Mix very well.
- Crush up the easter egg into tiny pieces. Stir the chocolate into the mixture.
- Add the mixture to the springboard tin.
- Sprinkle the cheesecake with crushed mini eggs.
Are you ready to try out this cheesecake recipe? I would love to see the fruits of your labour so please be sure to share and spread the love. Have you already mastered the art of a beautiful cheesecake? Why not move on to perfecting my mothers simple delicious apple tart recipe.
And most importantly…Enjoy!