It’s Friday, which can only mean one thing – It’s Cocktail Time! I am delighted to continue my collaboration with Só Hotels this week bringing a luxury hotel cocktail experience straight to your doorstep.
The Só Hotels group includes Loughrea Hotel & Spa, Castletroy Park Hotel & Leisure Club, Killeshin Hotel & Leisure Club, Charleville Park Hotel & Leisure Club, Castle Oaks House Hotel & Estate and Athlone Springs Hotel & Leisure Club. Over this six week collaboration we are bringing you a ‘Cocktail of the Week’ with a step by step video guide from Joe Larkin at Só Hotels to teach us how to make the perfect blend.
Last week we learned how to make the perfect Pornstar Martini (CLICK HERE). This week we are learning the art of another hotel favourite, the Whiskey Sour.
- Cocktail Shaker*
- Strainer (or a sieve)
- Whiskey Glass
* If you do not have a cocktail shaker you can use a jar. However for optimum results, Joe recommends that you purchase a proper cocktail shaker. We will be using a shaker in almost all of the recipes shared in this series.
- 50ml Bourbon Whiskey
- 35ml Lemon Juice
- 20ml Sugar Syrup
- Dash of Bitters
- 1 Egg White
- Twist of Orange or Lemon
- Fill the Glass with ice and then add it to the shaker.
- Add the Bourbon Whiskey, Lemon Juice, Sugar Syrup and Egg White to the shaker.
- Close the lid and shake for 30 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into the Glass using the strainer.
- Add a dash of Bitters to the Glass.
- Garnish with a Twist of Orange or Lemon.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Watch the step by step video guide here:
If you would love to enjoy a nice cold Whiskey Sour but do not have the means or the energy to make it yourself, you can order one (or many!) to takeaway from any Só Hotel. Here’s a glimpse at their beautiful takeaway offerings.
If you would like to find out more, visit the Só Hotels website where you will find details on each individual hotel and the links to their respective social media accounts – CLICK HERE
Huge thanks to Joe, Barry and all of the Só Hotels team for all of their help in creating this post and the step by step video guide. If you would like to follow this Só Hotels Cocktail Series, you can find regular updates on my INSTAGRAM and FACEBOOK pages.
Are you going to try this Whiskey Sour recipe at home? I would love to see the fruits of your labour so be sure to tag us in your masterpieces on social media.
- All views are my own.
- At the date of writing, I have no paid affiliation with Só Hotels or with any of the product brands used throughout this post and video.
- All information is correct at the date of posting only.
- I make every effort to personally test any products and businesses that I recommend on this website but this is not feasible in all instances and so recommendations may be based on other customer reviews.
- All posts on this website and across my social media pages are written for the purposes of supporting Irish people and Irish businesses. Any comments on any pages that contradict that message will be removed and I make no apologies for doing so!